Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati
Job Rate: $16 – $18 an hour
Ohio Budtender (Dispensary Support Employee)
Who we are:
The Nectar family is a diverse group of hard-working and talented individuals, who are brought together by our passion for cannabis, and our absolute commitment to providing excellent service and products to our community.
Who you are:
A hardworking individual, with a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, and a willingness to learn. Someone who possesses tremendous integrity and an exceptional work ethic to be a positive addition to the Nectar team.
About the role:
As a Budtender/Dispensary Support Employee, you are the face of Nectar!
- You are responsible for ensuring each patient leaves our stores with the product they need and a desire to come back.
- You love making sure everyone has a comfortable and positive experience.
- Responsible for sales and patient experience by maintaining a tidy, safe, and inviting store environment.
- Ensure the sales floor is properly stocked and the presence of the store is well maintained.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer service-oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain product knowledge.
- Greeting patients warmly when they enter.
- Accurately use and maintain the Point of Sale (POS) system in person and for placing phone orders.
- Correct cash handling and discount application.
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles.
- Verifying proper paperwork, documentation, and ID for Patients.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
- This role’s starting pay ranges between $16-18 an hour, based on experience.
- United States Citizen, or authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Able to pass an extensive criminal background check.
- All staff will be required to complete the PISGS training
- Lift to 40 pounds and stand for the entirety of a full shift.
- HS Diploma or Equivalent – College degree preferred.
- 1-year retail experience preferred
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Must complete the course: Ohio Medical Marijuana Dispensary Employee Training and Certification: Dispensary Basics before applying. Must complete the course at own expense. Here is the link: https://mmjtraining.com/product/ohio-medical-marijuana-dispensary-employee-training-and-certification-dispensary-basics/
- Must have a reliable method of transportation to get to work.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Desire to learn about our products and cannabis therapies.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software, and cash management is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and a team-player mentality.
- Fun attitude and strong work ethic.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and listen.
- The employee must be able to stand, walk, and use both hands and fingers to reach and grasp. The employee must be able to lift and/ or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional dispensary/ pharmacy environment.
- The Dispensary Employee role routinely utilizes standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, inventory, and point-of-sale systems.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance as well as paid time off, an FSA account, Tuition Reimbursement, Retirement Savings Account, an EAP (employee assistance program), paid day off for your birthday, receiving time and a half pay on holidays, as well as green commute and wellness reimbursements.
- Growth opportunities are a part of our business model at Nectar. We actively promote from within and offer numerous opportunities for employees to build their skills in leadership, communication, compliance, inventory management, and much more. We have folks in key positions throughout the company who started in entry-level roles, and we are committed to helping our employees build successful and fulfilling careers at Nectar!