The Nectar family is a diverse group of hard-working and talented individuals, who are brought together by our passion for cannabis, and our absolute commitment to providing excellent service and products to our community.
A hardworking individual, with a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, and a willingness to learn. Someone who possesses tremendous integrity and an exceptional work ethic to be a positive addition to the Nectar team.
About the role: Nectar is seeking a Designated Dispensary Representative(DDR) who will be responsible for managing all day-to-day operations for the dispensary in accordance with the state regulations, the standards set by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy, and responsible for the overall profitability of the dispensary. We are seeking a DDR who will share the passion and dedication to help patients find solutions to their conditions. The DDR provides support to all dispensary staff, which includes scheduling, training, providing policy and procedure updates, and keeping updated with industry news and product information. The DDR is responsible for ordering and receiving all inventory and products, arranging deliveries with the logistics team, and maintaining agent and facility compliance and cleanliness.
- Oversight of all operations; developing operating plans to meet objectives; and assuring standard operating procedures are up-to-date and produce the desired results.
- Builds relationships with employees and contractors.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues and implement required changes.
- Proven management experience in the medical marijuana industry is required; one must possess a thorough understanding of legal and compliance issues.
- Serves as the designated representative in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code 3796.
- Experience will include dispensary or other healthcare facility preferably with a retail or regulatory component.
- Implements business strategies, plans, and procedures and oversees operations of the dispensary and the work of each key employee.
- Must have proven experience in a highly regulated industry with all business functions including human resources, bookkeeping, staffing, and training, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Responsible for performing or assigning the duties of unfilled positions on the organizational chart as necessary.
- Responsible for managing dispensary staff, schedules, inventory, and patient/customer relations.
- Serves as a resource for dispensary staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Responds to all staff questions, concerns, or suggestions.
- Resolves any conflict immediately.
- Responsible for delegating tasks to all team members in order to maintain a compliant and clean facility.
- Coordinates with the upper management to ensure accurate information is communicated to dispensary staff.
- Managing and implementing training on the POS system.
- Serve as a liaison to the local community and area health providers.
- Coordinate patient outreach and educational programming (with input from grow/processors and marketing team).
- Interface with IT managers to develop and continually assess technology implementation and adjust based on business needs.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge.
- Stay abreast of customer and business trends and actively communicate with ownership to provide input on retail and strategic business initiatives.
- Ensure that the physical environment is safe and sanitary and that all equipment/technology is in good working order.
- Lead initiatives, store strategies, and specific projects at the store level that may be assigned by executive-level management.
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours on-site
- Provides superior customer service for vendors, patients, and caregivers.
- Responds to all patient complaints, requests, concerns, and suggestions.
- Oversees orders and deliveries to ensure accurate order information and timeliness of deliveries.
- Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, patient/customer records, sales, deliveries, and returns in accordance with the State of Ohio.
- Accurate daily, weekly, and monthly recaps and reporting from sales data and patient counts.
- Maintain inventory control system and perform daily counts of all medical cannabis and medical cannabis products in the facility.
- Provide regular inventory, sales, and profitability reports to the Management Team.
- Managerial experience in a medical cannabis retail environment.
- Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs.
- Experience in inventory management and reconciliation.
- Human Resources management experience including hiring, training, records management, performance reviews, payroll processing, and more.
- Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties.
- Exceptional team building, communication, and people skills.
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Exceptional willingness to be a hands-on manager and fill gaps to accomplish business objectives.
- Proficiency in computer usage including retail point-of-sale software, all MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more.
- Ability to develop, analyze, and interpret key performance metrics, and read, analyze, and interpret financial reports relating to dispensary performance metrics.
- Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment.
This role starts out at $52,000 annual salary.
Growth opportunities are a part of our business model at Nectar. We actively promote from within and offer numerous opportunities for employees to build their skills in leadership, communication, compliance, inventory management, and much more. We have folks in key positions throughout the company who started out in entry-level roles, and we are committed to helping our employees build successful and fulfilling careers at Nectar!