Ohio Shift Lead/Dispensary Key Employee
Who we are:
The Nectar family is a diverse group of hard-working and talented individuals, who are brought together by our passion for cannabis, and our absolute commitment to providing excellent service and products to our community.
Who you are:
A hardworking individual, with a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills, and a willingness to learn. Someone who possesses tremendous integrity and an exceptional work ethic to be a positive addition to the Nectar team.
About the role:
- The Lead Budtender (DKE) is a subject matter expert on the dispensary floor, providing product knowledge and continuously improving Nectar culture and process while on shift.
- Their role is to ensure good process and provide superior product knowledge to every patient and Budtender by explaining and educating the benefits and differences between the products.
- The Lead is responsible for supporting the Store Manager (Senior Lead) with all aspects of the daily retail operations.
- The Lead will assist, guide and develop the Budtenders to ensure they have the ability to provide excellent patient service and achieve company goals.
- Leads ensure the well-being of the store and employees while the Senior Lead is not on shift.
- This position requires the Lead Budtender to take charge of all floor, back of house, and other operations during their shift.
The Lead Budtender (DKE) is responsible for the following:
- Report to work as soon as arrived and confirm others do so as well.
- Ensure all employees take their breaks, handle any and all patient service issues, receive and intake inventory.
- Conduct product conversions.
- Fill out and submit shift logs, shift drawer check out forms, break fix requests, non-cannabis inventory and other forms.
- Delegate tasks among staff, count and drop cash, help patients in the showroom, promote teamwork.
- Deliver a can-do attitude, ability to execute all essential duties.
- Arrive to work consistently and punctually, and strive for the betterment of Nectar.
- Providing best-in-class service that consistently exceeds our patient’s expectations.
- Responsible for maintaining the store in a clean, organized, safe manner with special attention paid to merchandising standards.
- Is responsible for accurate transaction reporting to Metrc and OARRS
- Register patients/caregivers into the system using their patient ID card and photo identification used to obtain the card, verify the recommendation and status of the patient ID card with Metrc registry; confirm all required profile fields are complete; check guest into the POS system
- Using OARRS, verify days supply available when checking patient or caregiver in, when recommending a medication to avoid over administering medication, and at check out to make sure they are not being oversold
- Adhere to any doctors’ notes in the system for dosing, medication type, and administration of medication
- Contribute to and lead a work environment that is positive, patient-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Provide education to patients on product types, uses, and dosage to ensure maximum benefit for their qualifying condition and symptoms
- Confirm medication pulled matches the medication that is entered into the POS by checking product labels against the patients’ cart
- Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA
- Accountable for accurately utilizing the Point-of-Sale system(s) including but not limited to: all discount codes, returns, exchanges, and other transactions.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Nectar.
- Welcome patients into the sales area, introduce them to an associate.
- Ensure the store is optically ideal – the store must be inviting and welcoming for the patients.
- Ensure product is available on the shelves for the patients and ensure as a lead you understand all qualities and attributes of that product and are able to educate patients and execute sales.
- Inspire patient confidence and create loyalty to our brand. You are more than a Brand Ambassador as a lead. You are a brand leader.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, patient-service oriented and compliant with established policies and procedures by executing on all Nectar policies and by leading through example.
- Follow policies and procedures tracking product from seed to sale.
- Assist to verify and receive all deliveries and implement daily deliveries in an accurate and compliant manner and time frame.
- Assist to dispose/waste of product according to procedure.
- Assist with technical leadership and direction to designated employees.
- Assist with organization of team lunches, breaks, and shift changes.
- Assist with initial and ongoing training for employees to ensure an adequate level of understanding regarding guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with compliance with individual and team performance meeting the Company’s standards of service and quality.
- Work collaboratively with all the Company’s employees and business partners.
- Assist with providing effective leadership to employees to ensure a complete understanding of and alignment to the Company’s vision, mission, and values to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
- Ensure all shift reports are being filled out properly, with thought, care, and attention to detail.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to pass all background check requirements and obtain licensing as set forth by the Board of Pharmacy
- Must be at least 21 years old
- All staff will be required to complete the PISGS training
- One or more years of work experience in a related industry or work environment preferred.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations with patients in a professional manner.
- Ability to provide teammates with constructive feedback and education.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, Point of Sale software and cash management.
- Fun attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and must have a team-player mentality.
- Ability to creatively cultivate long- term patient relationships.
- Ability to deal with problems and resolve them in an efficient and professional manner.
- Demonstrated retail sales proficiency, preferably in a complex, fast-paced retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet productivity and performance requirements.
- Professional and respectful demeanor towards others.
- Oral communication skills, including effective presentation one-to-one or small groups.
- Reliable, Flexible, Dependable
- Regular and on-time attendance. Must be reliable and honest, tardiness and absents for shifts is not tolerated
- Must have personal transportation or ability to arrive at work, on time, on a consistent basis.
- Available to work evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment.
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling expectations including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts and store location movement.
- Must be well educated with all marijuana products offered.
- Complete all tasks delegated by the manager.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and listen.
- The employee must be able to stand, walk, and use both hands and fingers to reach and grasp.
- The employee must be able to lift and/ or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional dispensary/ pharmacy environment. The Dispensary Employee role routinely utilizes standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, inventory, and point-of-sale systems.
Lead Budtenders embody these qualities:
- Leadership – Demonstrate the initiative in an action and serve as an example for others to follow.
- Flexibility – We have numerous stores opening, we need flexible teammates who want to grow with Nectar. We recognize those teammates who volunteer to assist with shifts at new stores, cover shifts of employees who offered to help open a new store.
- Reliability – We seek teammates who understand what it means to commit to a work schedule, honor those commitments and fully appreciate that it hurts Nectar and all teammate when an employee does not honor their work commitments.
- Dependability – We value teammates that do everything that they say they will do.
- Can do Attitude – Our team embodies the concept that nothing is too challenging or impossible and collectively we can achieve great things!
- Professionalism – We are professional budtenders. Nectar is a career, not just a job.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed Flexible hours / availability, willing to cover shifts
- You must have graduated high school or equivalent
- 4 Year College Degree strongly preferred, especially for possible advancement within the company into a management role
- The ideal candidate has complete open availability.
- Those with complete open availability will be given top priority for the job.
- The starting pay for this role starts out at $20 an hour.
- Benefits include Health, Dental, and Vision insurance as well as paid time off, an FSA account, Tuition Reimbursement, Retirement Savings Account, an EAP (employee assistance program), paid day off for your birthday, receiving time and a half pay on holidays, as well as green commute and wellness reimbursements.
- Growth opportunities are a part of our business model at Nectar. We actively promote from within and offer numerous opportunities for employees to build their skills in leadership, communication, compliance, inventory management, and much more. We have folks in key positions throughout the company who started out in entry-level roles, and we are committed to helping our employees build successful and fulfilling careers at Nectar!