Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Euclid
Job Rate: $18 - $20 an hour
Who we are:
The Nectar family is a diverse group of hard-working and talented individuals, who are brought together by our passion for cannabis, and our absolute commitment to providing excellent service and products to our community.
Who you are:
You are a reliable PISGS licensed security professional with excellent communication skills and an interest in the cannabis industry. Available to work swing shifts and weekends.
Reports To: Senior Lead
About the role:
As Nectar’s Security Patrol Officer, you will work with the Retail teams to secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points. Specifically, you would be responsible for:
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- The Security Guard monitors the facility parking lot as well as the entrance and departure of members, staff, vendors, contractors, visitors, and any other persons in and out of the dispensary to guard against theft and maintain the security of the premises.
- Growth opportunities are a part of our business model at Nectar. We actively promote from within and offer numerous opportunities for employees to build their skills in leadership, communication, compliance, inventory management, and much more. We have folks in key positions throughout the company who started in entry-level roles, and we are committed to helping our employees build successful and fulfilling careers at Nectar!
- As a Security Officer, you will be responsible for protecting and securing a cannabis company.
- Monitor access in and out of the dispensary, helping dispensary staff control access to the facility by State Rules and Regulations by following a strict check-in process, and actively monitoring physical security around the site
- Greets members in person or on the phone; schedules appointments; oversees member intake and renewal procedures
- Assist dispensary staff with controlling access to the facility by ID examination and verification
- Assist dispensary staff in maintaining access logs of all visitors in compliance with state rules and regulations
- Conduct routine patrols and inspections of the dispensary and grounds
- Monitor video surveillance system when requested
- In the event of an emergency, secure staff, visitors, and building; act as liaison with local police or law enforcement
- Prevents losses and damage by informing violators of policy and procedure as well as restraining trespassers.
- Detects, assesses, and project security risks while creating solutions to best protect employees and customers.
- Maintain daily written and/or electronic tracking sheets, noting all activity on premises
- Escort staff members or others between vehicles and the building as requested
- Document any incidents, or accidents, and report them to General Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- PISGS Certification required.
- 2+ years’ experience in private or public security, law enforcement, or other government security agencies.
- Must complete the course: Ohio Medical Marijuana Dispensary Employee Training and Certification: Dispensary Basics before applying. Must complete the course at own expense. Here is the link: https://mmjtraining.com/product/ohio-medical-marijuana-dispensary-employee-training-and-certification-dispensary-basics.
- Knowledge of computer & office equipment and programs (Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems).
- Ability to focus, attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, and independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly.
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and absolute reliability and honesty.
- Resident with a current valid State-issued ID or Driver’s License.
- Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Complete a State/Federal background check and fingerprinting.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet.
Compensation and Benefits:
This role starts at $20 an hour.
Compensation for this role will vary depending on the candidate’s level of experience. Benefits include Health, Dental, and Vision insurance as well as paid time off, an FSA account, Retirement Savings Account, and EAP (employee assistance program). We offer a store employee discount, tuition reimbursement, a green commute, and a wellness incentive.
At Nectar, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Nectar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.